I have been tagged by Lisa I have to tell you 6 random things about myself that you may or may not already know!
1. Whilst in high school and uni I used to work as a checkout chick at Safeway. I was the Geelong Checkout Operator of the Year for about 3 years in a row and placed 4th in the Victorian State Checkout Operator of the Year one year and 3rd another year. Hey, don't laugh the prizes were $3000 travel voucher and $1500 travel voucher. The winner won a new Holden Barina!
2. I was engaged once (before Brett) and almost eloped. Thank God I came to my senses on that one!
3. Brett and I met at work when he did a 4 month intern placement on the surgical ward I was working on. I think we managed to keep that quiet for about 2 weeks!
4. We bought a house after being together for less than 6 months using a large deposit that was entirely mine (I sold the house I already had). He had NOTHING to his name. And we also put it soley in his name so we would get the extra $7000 first home buyers grant. I shudder now to think what could have happened if it all turned sour!
5. My brother Sam died in a motorcycle accident aged just 25, 4 days after our wedding. We were honeymooning in Palm Cove at the time and couldn't get a flight out until the following morning. He was on his way to his girlfriends house and was hit by a driver who had only had his licence for a week and failed to give way. Awful, awful time. The best and worst days of my life within 4 days of each other.
6. My mum discovered this site probably about a year ago. Amazingly we knew nothing of the message in the bottle until the finder wrote such a beautiful story about it. I will let you read the story yourselves. Message in a bottle
So there you go, 6 random things about myself. I am also supposed to tag 6 others but the only people I know that have blogs are the newbie sewers and I think they have already been tagged so I will have to skip that part.